Solid Power’s “Solid-State of Affairs” Industry Expert Roundtable
Friday, October 8, 2021 | 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM ET
Solid Power, Inc., an industry-leading developer of all-solid-state battery cells for electric vehicles, in the process of merging with Decarbonization Plus Acquisition Corporation III ("DCRC") (NASDAQ: DCRC) is hosting an educational roundtable event titled “The Solid-State of Affairs.” The event is intended to educate the market on solid-state battery technology and its future impact on energy storage and the electric vehicle market.
The event will be split into two distinct segments.
The first portion will focus on the value proposition of solid-state battery technology and feature a panel of renowned battery scientists and researchers who will discuss the current solid-state battery landscape. Panelists include Dr. Y Shirley Meng, Dr. Jeff Sakamoto, Dr. Karim Zaghib and Dr. Jürgen Janek. James Frith, Head of Energy Storage at BloombergNEF, will host the conversation. Frith leads BloombergNEF’s coverage on energy storage technologies and the lithium battery supply chain, providing insights on technology, markets, policies and regulation.
The second portion will focus on the automotive industry's outlook and feature industry stakeholders from the BMW Group and Ford Motor Company. Panelists include Dr. Peter Lamp (BMW), Martin Schuster (BMW) and Ted Miller (Ford). Doug Campbell, CEO and co-founder of Solid Power, will host the conversation.
Panel 1: The Solid-State Value Proposition
- James Frith, Head of Energy Storage, BloombergNEF
- Dr. Y Shirley Meng, Professor of Materials Science and NanoEngineering, University of California San Diego
- Dr. Jeff Sakamoto, Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science and Macromolecular Science and Engineering, University of Michigan
- Dr. Karim Zaghib, Professor of Practice, McGill University
- Dr. Jürgen Janek, Chair of Physical Chemistry, Justus Liebig University
Panel 2: Automotive Outlook on Solid-State Batteries
- Doug Campbell, Co-Founder & CEO, Solid Power
- Martin Schuster, Vice President High Voltage Battery, Charger, Converter, BMW Group
- Dr. Peter Lamp, General Manager Battery Cell Technology, BMW Group
- Ted Miller, Manager of Electrification Subsystems and Power Supply Research, Ford Motor Company
SPEAKERS - click name for bio
Dr. Jeff Sakamoto
University of Michigan
Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science and Macromolecular Science and Engineering